Breastfeeding can be instinctive for baby, but is often something that women need to learn.
Having an expert breastfeeding consultation during pregnancy, or straight after your baby is born, is ideal and will enable you to prepare for a rewarding and empowering relationship with your new baby.
But if like most of us, you wanted to wait and see if you and your baby could do it on your own and are now experiencing difficulties and need a little extra support, we can help you.
We are experienced in all kinds of infant feeding and can assist you with any challenges you may be facing.
Feeding Support is provided by Charly Cooke and Mel Robinson our Infant Feeding Coaches. They will carry out a thorough feeding assessment, support you with your feeding and work with you to formulate a plan to address any issues you are having – helping you to gain more satisfaction from your breastfeeding experience.
What does a Breastfeeding consultation include?
A 60-minute Consultation over Zoom which includes:
- A thorough feeding assessment – observing your baby feed
- Feeding information – responsive feeding, sometimes called ‘feeding on demand’
- The importance of ongoing skin-to-skin contact
- Feeding cues – recognising the early communication signs
- Feeding positioning – tips on getting it right
- Attachment – how to ensure a good latch
- How to identify effective feeding and how to improve things
- Signs of optimal feeding
- Lactation advice, the composition of breast milk, stages of feeding
- Expressing breast milk
- Baby weight and growth chart analysis
- Feeding plan (as required)
- Bottle feeding advice (as required)
- Mixed feeding advice (as required)
- Electronic follow up support information
Problems we can help you solve:
Whatever challenges you are experiencing, we can help. These are some of the most common issues:
- Lack of confidence in positioning and attachment – poor latch
- Sore nipples
- Breastfeeding during the early weeks: baby weight loss; slow weight gain
- Insufficient milk supply or ‘oversupply’
- Baby fussing at the breast
- Issue arising due to possible Tongue-tie
- Reflux – including cow’s milk protein allergy (CMPA)
- Feeding twins
- Expressing breast milk
Can we help you over Zoom?
Yes, we can! The biggest benefit to a zoom consultation is you are in control. We will provide clear instructions, use props to demonstrate, guide you step-by-step, tweak as we go along and return to anything that is not clear, all at a pace you are comfortable with. We know the right questions to ask and we will have a clear picture, prior to the appointment, of the issues you are facing.
Antenatal Breastfeeding Package (£255):
This includes 1 x Antenatal feeding session via Zoom
2 x Postnatal support sessions via Zoom/clinic setting
1 x Sling Consultation (demonstration and correct fitting of your own sling, or consultation on the right sling to buy, via Zoom/at our workshop in Crowborough)
1 x On-line Baby First Aid Course!
Book an Appointment Below
Zoom Consultation with our
Transformational Breastfeeding Support Coach
(within 2 weeks of original consultation)
First Aid Course