The Feeding Clinic
I offer the following services in my comfortable home clinic in Saltdean, Brighton:
- Tongue-tie assessment
- Breastfeeding Support ** BACK SOON ** Currently unavailable due to COVID-19 school closures **
- Feeding and weight gain reviews ** BACK SOON ** Currently unavailable due to COVID-19 school closures **
Clinic visits may be preferable, due to appointment availability or affordability.
If you are looking for Tongue-tie division in East Kent and can’t find a practitioner who offers lactation support, you may also wish to book a clinic appointment.
As with home visits, tongue-tie assessment and release at the the clinic is offered with full feeding support.
For more information about tongue-tie and how an assessment is carried out please click here.
A tongue-tie assessment consultation includes:
- 1:1 feeding assessment – observing your baby feed
- Attachment – how to ensure a good latch
- How to identify effective feeding and how to improve things
- Responsive feeding, sometimes called ‘feeding on demand’ explained
- Signs of optimal feeding
- Feeding cues – recognising the early communication signs
- The importance of ongoing skin-to-skin contact
- Lactation advice, composition of breast milk, stages of feeding
- Expressing breast milk
- Bottle feeding advice (as required)
- Mixed feeding advice (as required)
- Support information inserts for Red Book and email for follow-up care
- Tongue-tie assessment (objective scoring with HATLFF)
- Discussion about rare risks of procedure and explanations
- Tongue-tie division (frenulotomy) IF required and medically safe to proceed
- Post-frenulotomy observation of feeding
- Post-frenulotomy guidance and advice re tongue exercises/wound management and expectations (see Resources for more info)
Tongue-tie consultations at The Feeding Clinic – £175
Support for breastfeeding only **Currently unavailable due to COVID-19 school closures BACK SOON**
Video consultations within 2 weeks of initial consultation – £65 ** BACK SOON **
Book a Tongue-tie Assessment/release appointment at The Feeding Clinic
The Feeding Clinic
A Tongue-tie appointment at The Feeding Clinic is a great alternative if you are out of area for a home visit, or it may expedite you being seen. My comfortable home from home office has a changing table and weighing scales.
Tongue-tie assessment/release available on Fridays at The Feeding Clinic.
Follow-up Feeding Reviews
If you require a follow up to a breastfeeding consultations or tongue-tie appointments, including weighing and reviewing of on going feeding plans, within 2 weeks of the initial appointment this can be done at The Feeding Clinic, alternatively you might like to book a video call.
** BACK SOON ** Currently unavailable due to COVID-19 school closures **
Face-to-face follow up appointment – £75
Or via video consultation – £55
How to book a consultation
Please note the following:
Name: Please use mother’s name and date of birth.
Email address: This will be used for confirmation and follow-up emails.
Health questionnaire: This will be sent with the booking confirmation email; please return within 1 hour of booking.
How to pay: Please pay via BACS as directed in the email; appointments are only confirmed once paid.
If you require more information before booking, please email me on email@example.com (emails may not be answered until the next working day).
How to book a consultation
- ‘Select’ your location below
- Choose an available date from the calendar PLEASE NOTE: At the point of booking, times are only an estimate. Your actual appointment time will be confirmed via email closer to the day
- Fill in the booking form with MOTHER’S NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH (not the baby’s)
- NOW CHECK YOUR EMAIL for how to pay – appointments are only confirmed once confirmation of payment is received
- MAKE PAYMENT AS PER EMAIL INSTRUCTIONS
- Fill in the ‘Confirmation of payment and Background Health questionnaire’
- PRESS SEND as soon as we receive this confirmation, your appointment will be secured and saved solely for you!
Cancellations: Once paid, appointments are non-refundable, as other, often desperate families will have been turned away. However, if you no longer need the tongue-tie appointment for any reason, you are welcome to use your slot for follow-up support instead. If you require more information before booking, please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org (please note: emails may not be answered until the next working day).