Breastfeeding support when you need it most
Breastfeeding can be instinctive for baby, but is often something that women need to learn.
Having an expert breastfeeding consultation during pregnancy, or straight after your baby is born, is ideal and will enable you to prepare for a rewarding and empowering relationship with your new baby.
But if, like most of us, you wanted to wait and see if you and your baby could do it on your own and are now experiencing difficulties and need a little extra support, we can help you.
Breastfeeding Support is provided by Charly Cooke our Transformational Breastfeeding Support Coach. Charly will carry out a thorough feeding assessment, support you with your feeding and work with you to formulate a plan to address any issues you are having – helping you to gain more satisfaction from your breastfeeding experience.
The consultation includes:
- 1:1 feeding assessment – observing your baby feed
- Feeding information – responsive feeding, sometimes called ‘feeding on demand’
- The importance of ongoing skin-to-skin contact
- Feeding cues – recognising the early communication signs
- Feeding positioning – tips on getting it right
- Attachment – how to ensure a good latch
- How to identify effective feeding and how to improve things
- Signs of optimal feeding
- Lactation advice, the composition of breast milk, stages of feeding
- Expressing breast milk
- Baby weight and growth chart analysis
- Feeding plan (as required)
- Bottle feeding advice (as required)
- Mixed feeding advice (as required)
- Support information inserts for Red Book and email for follow-up care
Problems I can help you solve
Whatever challenges you are experiencing, we can help. These are some of the most common issues:
- Lack of confidence in positioning and attachment – poor latch
- Sore nipples
- Breastfeeding during the early weeks: baby weight loss; slow weight gain
- Insufficient milk supply or ‘oversupply’
- Baby fussing at the breast
- Tongue-tie diagnosis
- Reflux – including cow’s milk protein allergy
- Feeding twins
Charly Cooke – Transformational Breastfeeding Support Coach @ Birth, Baby & You
Charly has joined the Birth, Baby & You team to provide expert breastfeeding support alongside Dee our Infant Feeding Specialist Midwife and Sarah our wonderful administrator.
Charly is a mother to 4 children and, alongside 10 years breastfeeding experience with her own babies, has worked as an NHS Peer Supporter since 2015. She is the founder member of The Hanover Breastfeeding Drop-in (the longest-running breastfeeding Drop-in group in Brighton) and has worked with Dee over many years.
Comfortably carrying babies in a sling is a particular skill Charly mastered with her own babies and after volunteering at Brighton Sling Babies (a not for profit community-owned sling library) for many years, went on to train to become a Sling consultant and opened her own sling consultancy in 2018 www.allwrappedup.in
Charly is passionate about attachment parenting principles and is skilled at supporting, advising and empowering parents on their breastfeeding journey. She is here to help and guide you with knowledge and wisdom to enable you to deepen your bond and communication with your baby.
Breastfeeding Support Zoom Consultation: £75
Feeding assessment and lactation consultation over Zoom with Charly Cooke our Transformational Breastfeeding Support Coach. Feeding plan and post appointment resources and information will be provided.
Follow-up Feeding Reviews: £55